Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Rotisserie Chicken and Green Salad

One of my main goals with this blog is to show you how easy it can be to eat a paleo diet. While, yes, it may take some effort to make the initial changes (giving up bread and pasta, for example), the actual cooking aspect does not have to be cumbersome. You don't have to use big fancy recipes (though that can be fun if you have the time). 

Here's an example of a dinner I made recently. Rotisserie chicken and a large salad of mixed greens (the recipe for which I found here while scrolling through my Pinterest feed). The entire meal consisted of items I regularly keep in my kitchen: chicken, kale, spinach, broccoli, nuts, and other veggies and it took about five minutes to put together.

A worthwhile note: I bought the rotisserie chicken from CostCo. It's not pastured, nor is it organic. Is this ideal? No. Was it affordable, convenient, and better than picking up a pizza on the way home? Yes. I do strive to eat pastured and/or organic meats and eggs as much as possible, but let's be realistic. It's not always feasible in terms of my budget or my time.

Also, leftovers are your friend and will help you stretch your weekly food budget. I left the salad plain and only added the dressing to each individual serving. So far with this one chicken and one salad, I've made two dinners, two lunches, and still have more of both the chicken and the salad in my fridge.



1 comment:

  1. I was searching for different diet plans to loose weight. One day i come up with online diet chart www.healthyselfnutrition.com/ At first glance, the Paleo diet seemed extreme to me. Give up grains, beans and dairy completely? What's left? Won't I be hungry? Won't I get bored? Won't I die of malnutrition? Obviously the answer is "no." My body adjusted quickly to lean meat, fish, eggs, nuts, seeds, raw and cooked vegetables, and fruit. I'm eating 10 times more fruits and vegetables than before, snacking more and cooking more. My food cravings are gone, and I feel sated after I eat. Oh yes, and did I mention that I lost 8 pounds over the past 4 months? Yes i did it:)
    All thanks to paleo diet chart.

    ReplyDelete