Thursday, March 13, 2014

Paleo Taco Salad

Here's a quick weeknight dish. I actually made this last night. It made enough for dinner last night and lunches today for my husband and me.

If I had avocados, I absolutely would've added them to this dish as well. That or made guac.

For me, the fat from the meat and the salsa were enough for a dressing. If you tolerate dairy well, you could add a dollop up sour cream.



Paleo Taco Salad

Ingredients
1lb ground beef
Homemade taco seasoning
1 yellow bell pepper, sliced
Button mushrooms
1/2 medium yellow onion, sliced
1Tbsp FOC (fat of choice; I used tallow)
1 cup yellow and red cherry tomatoes, mixed and cut in half
Red leaf lettuce
Spinach
Mark Sisson's Ultimate Salsa
Salt and pepper to taste

Method

  1. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium high heat; add 1–2 Tbsp of taco seasoning about halfway through the browning process. Cook until meat is no longer pink.
  2. Place another skillet over medium high heat. Add FOC. Once it has melted, add onions and peppers to the pan. Once peppers and onions begin to brown slightly, add mushrooms. (If you add them too early, you'll end up with mushy mushrooms.)
  3. Fill each bowl you're going to serve with lettuce and spinach. Add taco meat. Top with onions, peppers, and mushrooms, cherry tomatoes, and salsa.






No comments:

Post a Comment