Sunday, April 29, 2012

Paleo Fish Taco Salad

This week, I made a variant on my friend (and former boss and fellow low-carber) Brad’s famous Fish Tacos recipe.

I turned it into a salad. But, if you eat soft corn tortillas, I can only imagine how delicious this recipe would be in them. It was amazing just as a salad.

I used tilapia fillets. Dipped them in egg wash, dusted them with some flax and almond flour and then fried them on the stove top in coconut oil.

I lined my salad bowl with spinach (because that’s what I had at home) added the fish, then topped it with shredded Nappa cabbage, diced red onion, diced tomatoes, fresh cilantro, chopped avocado, and squeezed some fresh lime juice over the top.

I also mixed a bit of mayo (unfortunately it was not the homemade variety) and hot sauce and drizzled it over the top as well.

I was so happy with the way this salad turned out. I'll definitely be working it into the regular rotation. (However, the leftover fish doesn't reheat very well ... just FYI.)

To your good health,
Allison

1 comment:

  1. Although i have tried various salads, but this Paleo fish taco salad looks different and tasty. I would try this in my home for sure. Because every salad has something very nutritious and benefecial for health.

    ReplyDelete